Saturday, June 15, 2013

{the daily grind}

Can't believing I'm blogging again! I guess my mojo is back! For now, at least. I'll post up some graduation pictures in the next post so you can if you don't want to read about my first week as a working girl. I won't mind if all you want to do is stare at my face (;

9-6, 5 days a week, I-actually-have-a-stable-job girl. I mean, nothing is set in stone and like I said previously, I might really monumentally screw up. I might not be good at doing what I've been hired to do. And there's a lot of pressure that I'm trying to process. My job is important and will really affect the business of the company. It's not rocket science, but it's also not say... licking envelopes. There's a certain way to do it well, and I don't think I've fully grasped it yet.

Still, it's just the first week. I shan't judge myself to harshly.

I do love that I have my own desk & cubicle. After a month or so, I'll probably start to truly personalize it with pictures and colors and every thing that I love. I need to get some washi tape and pretty organizers. I also have a plan to get a big metal tray, paint the flat part of it with chalkboard paint and make it my own personal blackboard for daily inspiration, to do lists, etc etc.

I wanted some pretty binder clips (gotta clamp them on my desk to hold my cables) but I couldn't find those that came in nice colors in the largest size. So I got home, searched for my old stash of washi tape, failed, and used some nail polish to paint a few of them. I don't use those colors so often so I decided the sacrifice was worth it. Besides, I have 10 fingers and 20 toes and even if I paint each digit a different color every week, I still wouldn't run out of polish. Okay, maybe in 10 years or so.

The people are pretty nice. It's a small company, so the office is really nice and cosy, I love it. I love small offices where you can really get to know each other. You could work in a huge corporation for years and never meet anyone outside of your floor. Heck, you could know only the people in the surrounding cubicles. But yes, it's only been a week. I don't want to get too excited. A bit too late eh.

But really, I'm honestly so excited to decorate my cubicle!!! Gonna try to stock up on my nuts & sour candy for energy and wake up boosts too. Nuts, candy, vintage metal tray as a chalkboard, glitter binder clips, mini washi tape bunting all around and framed inspirational typography. And pictures. Of my cats. HAHA. And everyone I love, I guess. I suppose I could squeeze them in.

Going to abruptly end here as I'm sleepy and I've got a loooong day tomorrow. Goodnight! x

No comments:

Post a Comment