Saturday, November 5, 2011

{the world goes round}

Thought I'd do a post of the songs that are currently stuck in my head, and cross post on my music blog!

Look After You by The Fray. I kinda got more into this song cause of Mindy hehe! (: But it's so meaningful! And anyway, thinking about some stuff lately has made more drawn to the lyrics here. This line is perfection:

"There now, steady, love. So few come & don't go.
Will you, won't you, be the one I'll always know?"


It's so much better than saying "Stay, cause I love you." I wish I could write like this ): I feel like my songs are so shallow. Except maybe for Stay/Linger and to be honest I still don't truly know where that came from, what I wanted it mean.

Golden by Alexz Johnson. I always thought this was a beautiful love song! Idk why!

"Wake up, wake up. Don't wanna wake you.
Oh sun be too bright, so it can wake you."


To me, it's about how I much I want you to wake up so we can spend that time together, but I don't want to be the one to wake you up, I don't want to have the cause that small amount of displeasure. MEH I'm not making sense am I?

Look At Those Eyes by Alexz Johnson. Basically just a song about knowing that you're never alone, you always have someone and you always have you. Alexz is my favorite singer-songwriter (: IDOL!!!! I love the way she emotes her different songs and her vocal control, she's crystal clear in all her registers! I still haven't figured out if she's doing the resonance thing that Babes is teaching me hmm. Been watching a few Singing Success videos and they say it's possible to hear if someone is, but I'm a bit confused.

Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. JUST GO READ THE LYRICS. They made me cry, I swear. It's about the never ending cycle of poverty that the writer went through, and the hope that she had to make it out of the cycle with her significant other. Instead, things turned out the same so she made the choice to continue taking car of her kids instead of running away. AHH )':

"You got a fast car, but is it fast enough that you can fly away?
You gotta make a decision, leave tonight or live and die this way."


I like this line because it's actually a repeated line. The first one was 'that we can fly away' because it was about her and her lover running away to find a better life. The second one is about how she's telling her lover that he's not taking any responsibility for their lives and he needs to make the choice to stay or go. Such a sad song ): Tracy Chapman is a brilliant lyricist!

Save Him by Justin Nozuka. I love the simplicity of this song, yet it can really reach inside you and twist your insides out. The emotion and pure quality of his voice is heartwrenching. If you listen to it, you'll know what I mean. His voice is just... WOW. I also love the transitions here. After Tonight is a more upbeat song but lovely too too!

Tidal Wave by Josh Kelley. This sounds like it could be about his daughter! It's nice pop-rock song :D Light and happy. I love the quality of his voice, and if he looks familiar, he's the brother of one of the members from Lady Antebellum! I wonder if Robin could pull this off....
OKAY GOTTA STOP SOMEWHERE. Hope I introduced some songs to you that you like :D

No comments:

Post a Comment